Re: Peering with 1.2b20 (Cont.)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:35:09 +0200

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> By the way, one question on parents and siblings. How do I have
> squid 1.2 checking the siblings before it checks the parents?

Use cache_peer weights to favor responces from the siblings.

> If it can't be done, can I configure a parent which will
> never be asked for misses? Let me clarify it, how do I tell the
> proxy-parent-client to never ask for misses even though it is
> contacting a parent? With ACLs?

The difference between a parent and a sibling is wether misses is
fetched from it or not.

> However, if I don't have the proxies checking each other before
> going to the Internet (Upstream Proxies), I will have too much
> undesired redundancy.

Configure each server as a sibling to the other with proxy-only
weight=10, and if you are not peering (anyone else using you as a
sibling) you should enable icp_hit_stale to further minimize the
redundancy.

---
Henrik Nordström