Re: NAT

From: Matthew J. Probst <mprobst@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 08:56:55 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Chuck Pitre wrote:

> I have to do some Network Adress Translation on a SCO box in order to
> get them to access my squid box...
> does anyone of an IP filetering package (that supports NAT) for SCO?

Generally NAT functionality has to be built into the kernel of an OS. I
don't know anything about SCO's NAT functionality, but Linux has supported
it for years now. See:

http://bucket.ualr.edu/echo/howtoset.htm

Redhat 5.0 comes with all the Utilities/drivers needed.
 Matthew J. Probst | Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
 Sys. Programmer, BYU CS Dept |wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
 mprobst@cs.byu.edu | -Andrew Tanenbaum