Re: Another problem with CGI and 1.2b20+patch

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 09:48:28 +0800

At 11:14 AM 20/05/98 -0600, Duane Wessels wrote:
>>I'm starting to notice very weird behaviour with squid and cgi... I was
>>filling out a form for a domain name request today and when it came to
>>posting all the details for submission, I got the following in cache.log:
>
>its not a bug, its debugging messages. Apply this patch to make them
>go away

Duane, there must be something wrong here... I don't mind debugging
messages, but here's what's happening.

I try to submit some information via cgi on the web and my browser just
sits there in limbo mode waiting for the "thankyou" message or whatever. I
give up, click stop, turn off my proxies and submit again - works perfectly
within a few seconds.

If I go back from 1.2b20 (I just upgraded to b21 as well, but it does the
same thing) to 1.NOVM.21 it works perfectly as well when proxies are set
again.

I'll try putting squid into debug mode later when it's not so busy to see
what the story is there.

 This message is Copyright (c) 1998 by Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd    -    Tel: +61 8 9355 0000
t/a STAR Online Services    -    Fax: +61 8 9355 0033