Re: Not caching large objects

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 13:43:50 +1000

Umm. The documentation advises you to set the _average_ object size to
13K. Not the maximum object size. The _average_ object size is used for
calculation of a few things including how many objects your cache can
hold. The _maximum_ object size determines what will be cached or not.

What you _probably_ want is:

store_avg_object_size 13
maximum_object_size 40960

And to read the comments in the squid.conf file preceeding both.