Re: request_size (Squid 1.1.20)

From: Benarson Behajaina <Benarson.Behajaina@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 09:53:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Benarson Behajaina wrote:
>
> > My problem is simple: I want to prevent users sending (or posting)
> > file greater than 100Kbytes.
> > How to do this ? I put
> > request_size 100
> > in my squid.conf, but this doesn't work, 'cause I could post
> > a 800Kbytes file with method POST through my proxy.
>
> I don't think you can restrict the size of POST operations in the
> current Squid. The relevant part of the code has been extensively
> rewritten and request_size has no influence on POST/PUT operations
> anymore.

So in this case, request_size config option must be removed from the squid.conf
'cause it's useless. I tested the earlier squid version (1.0.20), and I saw that
only Squid 1.0.x support this feature.

My question is:
will the squid 1.2 (or later) handle the "restriction of POST operations" ?

Benarson.