proxy-auth and transparent proxy

From: Rodney Holm <rodneyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 12:03:47 -0600

Hello all,

I have tried using proxy_auth and transparent proxy together using 1.NOVM.20
and 1.NOVM.21. I get the box that asks me to authenticate myself and I enter
the username and password and the box comes back almost instantly. If I
change my browser to use the proxy I am asked to authenticate and I am able to
surf using squid. If I turn off proxy_auth then the transparent proxy works
fine.

Is this a known limitation of transparent proxy or proxy_auth?

I am willing to work on the source to resolve this issue. I wanted to get some
feedback before I started to dig.

thanks

Rodney D. Holm                  rodneyh@apexxtech.com
Apexx Technology, Inc.          http://www.apexxtech.com