Re: Connection Lifetime Expired

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 22:55:31 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Apiset Tananchai wrote:

> Since it seems like a persistent connection bug, so in the mean time how
> would I diable this feature?

You may try to patch Squid so that httpMsgIsPersistent() will always return
zero (look in HttpReply.c). There might be some side effects, of course.

> I can't find such option in squid.conf.

I do not think there is one.

> Is it violate some standard if disable it?

Not yet (if done correctly). It will when Squid becomes an HTTP/1.1 proxy.

> Or is there a performance hit in doing this?

I hope response time will go up if you disable persistent connections.
Otherwise, we wasted a lot of efforts on supporting them for nothing! :)
The number of FD may go up as well.

Alex.