Re: PROXY Clusters problems

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:33:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, David Mifsud wrote:

> We have a cluster of proxies installed, and some sites tend not to
> let people access it from multiple IPs during the same session.
>
> Example:
> http://netaddress.usa.net/tpl/Door/INUNHZMQ/LogoutTop?mode=intrusion

If they were truly interested in protecting the privacy of their
users, they'd be using a secure HTML session and cookies, rather than
making some arbitrary edict that screws up legitimate sessions. Is
session-hijacking that big a problem that they need to put such an
ill-concieved roadblock in place?

        -Mike Pelletier.