Re: CARP for squid 1.2

From: Eric Stern <estern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:55:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Walter Klomp wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> In the case as you described below, what kind of configuration should the
> CARP server (redirector) actually have. I guess not a lot of memory and
> harddisk space, but a lot of file-descriptors ??

Well, lots of memory is never a bad thing. :) But yes, disk space is not
an issue, and lots of file descriptors is critical, since you will require
2 FDs for each concurrent connection (1 connection coming in, 1 conection
going out to the "real" proxy to retrieve the object). So you'll have to
make some kind of estimate on how many FDs you'll actually need to cover
your load, and tune your OS appropriately.

/ Eric Stern - PacketStorm Technologies - (519) 837-0824 /
/ http://www.packetstorm.on.ca /
/ WebSpeed - a transparent web caching server - available now! /