Re: Performance problem on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Rich Ashton <rich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:45:00 +0100 (BST)

Ery,
        We used to have a very simlar setup here, but the problems seen
before have gone away by the upgrade to Solaris 2.6 and by using select()
instead of poll(). I did not use the GNU malloc library, and the disks were
arranged as a Raid 1 partition across 3 disks controllers in an SSA. Our
bottlenecks occurred in disk I/O and these changes solved that.
        At the moment we're happily getting around 50-100,000 connections
per hour on the 2.6 machine.
        You could try decreasing the meomry value here so the squid process
doesn't use too much and stop swapping? Others may have better ideas.

Rich.

--
..Blue         O            "Smoke me a kipper,
  Skies..    //\/            I'll be back for breakfast."