Re: proxy authentication.

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 23:13:28 +0200

Amitay B Isaacs wrote:

> yes, I did look into that. But when I try to define an ACL of the type
> proxy_auth, squid cribs saying "Invalid ACL type".
> Is there extra flag which I have to set or something like that ?

The distributed 1.1.X Squid uses a simple proxy_auth directive
(proxy_auth filename), which enables/disables proxy authentication on
all requests. Proxy authentication has to be enabled at compile time
(see the ChangeLog for details).

1.2beta uses ACL based proxy authentication (acl xxx proxy_auth
filename). I think there exists a patch to 1.1.X for ACL based proxy
authentication if needed.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker