autoproxy config tricks?

From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 16:59:17 -0400 (EDT)

   I have tweaked my autoproxy config about as much as I can, but it could
   still be optimized some. The approach I'm considering it a CGI that is
   set to respond with proxy options that are only relevant to the client,
   so that the script is shorter and processed (for each URL) faster.

   Has anyone tried JavaScript to modify a client's already existing proxy
   configuration script? I have an application for something of this type
   (trying to permit external users to seamlessly update their config when
   they've been authenticated to use locally restricted databases) but the
   actually implementation has been eluding me for a while.

   andrew. (brennan@auhs.edu)