Re: Squid making direct connexions - why?

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 23:02:23 +0200

Borek.Lupomesky@ujep.cz wrote:

> trying again: My squid is, despite of the fact that it has configured
> default parent, making direct connecxions to original WWW sites bypassing

Squid bypasses the hierarchy when it knows that it would not gain
anything from using a hierarchy.

1. hierarchy_stoplist
2. Requests that can't be satisfied from cache
   a) Non GET/HEAD requests
   b) Pragma/Cache-Control: no-cache

To force Squid 1.1.X to always use a parent you have to tell it that it
is inside a firewall. See squid.conf inside_firewall and firewall_ip.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker