Re: Direct connexions

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:43:00 +1000

1.1 was a devil for this.

I can't provide a good explanation, except that:

The parent is always used unless:
* The URL matches a string in hierarchy_stoplist
* The request is a POST
* Parent is down
* ssl_proxy/wais_relay say otherwise and it's one of those kind of
requests
* Some particular network configuration..it has to do with busy links, I
know that. If there is packet-loss between you and your parent and/or
high-latency squid seems to fetch directly from the origin server, even
if it has not marked the parent as down. Obviously, this will be a
common feature of squid 1.1 with the ICMP code compiled in, but I've
seen it happen fairly frequently without it. No idea why.