Re: ../etc/passwd file for proxy_auth with remarks?

From: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:20:58 +0200

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 04:06:34PM +0200, Oeschey, Lars wrote:
: Hi,
:
: IŽve got a question regarding the passwd file used for proxy_auth with
: ArjanŽs patch. Since we have lots of users, with double names, IŽd like
: to add some remark in the passwd file, to know waht user I am changing
: the password for for example. Is that possible? and how would the format
: look like that it still works with proxy_auth?

Arjan's patch enables external auth, IMHO. I've sent a patch (to this
list as well as to Arjan) which enables passwd line format similar to
/etc/passwd on other systems. With this patch squid only processes the
first two fields of each line (FS = `:', RS = '\n')

        Heiko Schlittermann
datom * internet * support ** Heiko Schlittermann & Partner GbR
mailto:is@datom.de http://www.datom.de/is voice:+49-351-8029981
Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE finger:heiko@datom.de -----------