Re: Squid regex comparison speed

From: Andrew Smith <ccasmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:06:35 +1000

We also have an interest in this issue, since many subscription
information services overseas still insist on IP based access control.
This means that we really need our local squid caches to go _direct_ for
about 200 site regexes, rather than going via their parents. Indirect
information I obtained indicated that this would render our heavily-hit
caches unusable.
I have not done nearly enough research on this, but since the discussion
thread was active, I wondered if anyone else has tried this.
TIA,
Andrew.

--
Dr. Andrew Smith                     Any OPINIONS expressed are
Network Development                  mine and do not necessarily