Web-Access / redirection based on source address

From: Walter Klomp <walter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:57:42 +0800

Hi all,

I was wondering if the source address of the www-browser was given in a
variable or a parameter to the redirector program. If it is, i could use it
to restrict access based on source IP address, or username.

What I want to do is to allow all my registered users to access the web,
EXCEPT for a constantly changing list of guest / trial users, who have not
done the neccessary steps to gain full access. But at the same time I don't
want everybody having to type a username and password for authentication to
the proxy server.

Is something like this possible ?

Walter.