Re: How many Squid ? How to organize them ?

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:00:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> We want to use Linux as our operating system for the Squid machine.
That's great!

> The hardware configuration will be something like a Pentium II 333 MHz -
> 128 MBytes - HD ~ 5 GB (Ultra DMA or SCSI ?) but you can make comment.
You may take a look at http://www.sztaki.hu/~bertold/cache/config/
You can find some configurations there (with load data as well) and you'll
find the pointer to Martin's squid sizing page.

If you use dedicated servers for caching, you may consider to use the NOVM
version of squid, because the OS will buffer popular disk objects for the
squid process.

Cheers,
Bertold