Re: Strange happening with 1.2.

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:44:15 -0600

Karl Ferguson writes:

>Howdy Folks.
>
>Another strange problem I've encountered (well, it's not really a problem
>more a strange coincidence at times and even then I'm not sure if it's got
>anything to do with squid, but it may have).
>
>Some clients have reported to us that they constantly get "Connection reset
>by peer" errors - especially since I upgraded to 1.2 from 1.1NOVM (that
>could be coincidental, but who knows). Basically they request a URL - and
>it gives the error, then clicking on Refresh seems to bring the same error
>again.

This is my guess.

It doesn't have anything to do with your users browser. Its between
Squid and the origin server.

I'd bet their server is on a Windows NT platform. When the server
gets too busy it refuses connections by sending a TCP reset. I've
seen MS servers do this before, and it didn't matter whether I was
using Squid, telnet port 80, etc., and it didn't matter what OS
I was connecting from.

Duane W.