Transparent proxying with cyclades

From: Rodel T. Viado <rtviado@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:54:17 +0800 (CST)

Hello squidders,

        We are in the process of acquiring a "router/Terminal server", so
that we can implement transparent proxying. If i'm not mistaken the only
thing needed is that the IOS must support NAT and packet redirection. I
have read some time ago in the mailing list that this is possible using
CISCO routers, but cisco router cost so much that's why we scouted for
other alternatives and came up with cyclades' terminal server PR3000/TS.
with an IOS that has NAT and packet redirection.

        I would like to ask somebody in the list if they have tried
cyclades PR3000/TS to do the redirection for transparent proxying and
also if cyclades routers are dependable.

Rodel T. Viado
Tech Director
Iligan Global Access Network Inc.