Re: Transparent proxying with cyclades

From: Squid Recipient <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:27:23 -0600

At 10:54 AM 6/27/98 +0800, Rodel T. Viado queried:
> We are in the process of acquiring a "router/Terminal server", so
>that we can implement transparent proxying. If i'm not mistaken the only
>thing needed is that the IOS must support NAT and packet redirection. I
>have read some time ago in the mailing list that this is possible using
>CISCO routers, but cisco router cost so much that's why we scouted for
>other alternatives and came up with cyclades' terminal server PR3000/TS.
>with an IOS that has NAT and packet redirection.
>
> I would like to ask somebody in the list if they have tried
>cyclades PR3000/TS to do the redirection for transparent proxying and
>also if cyclades routers are dependable.

Can't comment on Cyclades other than to say the RocketPort card work pretty
well BUT a Linux box with RocketPort and Squid is great for this. You just
use ipfwadm to reroute all port 80 requests. It's what I have at a couple
of our POPs.

        Adapt, migrate or die. Just don't whine as you do it.