Is there a maximum number of entry in the Squid Access List ?

From: Olivier GOSSELET <ogosselet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:37:40 +0200

I recently present our school project and i ask about how many Squid and how to organize them.
I thanks all the people who reply to me.

I still have 2 more questions

In one reply, i read that Squid was not able to deal with a 17000 entry access list. Is it true ?

We have decided to use more than 1 proxy. The network architecture will be something like this

School Client -----|
School Client -----| Cisco 3640 or AS 5300 ----
School Client -----| | ( Squid 1 ) ( Squid 2 )
                                                                     Cisco 4000----------|------------------|---------------( Gateway to Internet )-------
School Client -----| |
School Client -----| Cisco 3640 or AS 5300 ----
School Client -----|

The question is :

Is it better (for performance) two put 2 NIC on each proxy (the first for Client Request and the second for the Squid Request on the Net) according to the fact that the eventual 2 NIC will be connected on the same network segment ?

Thanks,

Olivier
Ing. Olivier GOSSELET
C.I.R.B. - Cellule Télématique