Re: Malloc Library

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:03:19 -0600

"Jeff Madison" writes:

>I am running the new squid beta 22 on Solaris x86 2.6. We seem to be
>experiencing some type of a memory leak. I've read something about
>compiling with a different malloc library that may solve the problem. Does
>any one have information regarding which library is the best, where can I
>get it, and how do I use it?

http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-8.html#ss8.10

dlmalloc

dlmalloc has been written by Doug Lea. According to Doug:

     This is not the fastest, most space-conserving, most portable, or
     most tunable malloc ever written. However it is among the fastest
     while also being among the most space-conserving, portable and
     tunable.

dlmalloc is included with the Squid-1.2 source distribution. To use
this library, you simply give an option to the configure script:

        % ./configure --enable-dlmalloc ...

Duane W.