Squid Memory Usage

From: Jeff Madison <jeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:01:21 -0600

We are running squid on Solaris x86 2.6. It runs on a dual P2 300Mhz box
with 512 MB or ram. The cache drive is located on a 40GB Mylex raid array.
I currently have squid configured to use only 10GB of the array and
cache_mem is set to 128 MB. We are running 1.2 beta22 and I compiled using
the dlmalloc library yet we still seem to have some sort of a memory leak.
The systems run great until they run out of memory. Does anyone have any
suggestions? We've seen this same problem with every version of squid we've
tried. We have two identical systems working as siblings and they are very
very busy. The cache directories on both grow at the rate of about
500MB/hour.

Jeff Madison
Systems Engineer
(801)924-0900 x 101