Re: FD leak, except, not really

From: Eric Stern <estern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Apiset Tananchai wrote:

> OK...I'm now start getting
>
> WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors
>
> in my cache.log and have to restart squid to make it responsive again.
> Do you have a workaround/fix for this bug?

It seems to be related to async-io. (ie if you aren't using async-io, you
don't get this problem). I'm still playing with it, but on one of my test
boxes I seemed to have fixed it by commenting out the async sections of
file_open in disk.c. This is not a fix, just a workaround, since that
prevents opening files in async style which is probably one of the
functions that benefits the most from async calls. If someone else would
like to try this and let me know if it helps, that'd be great. In the
meantime, I'm working on a real fix.

/ Eric Stern - PacketStorm Technologies - (519) 837-0824 /
/ http://www.packetstorm.on.ca /
/ WebSpeed - a transparent web caching server - available now! /