Re: Getting sites to use Expires: headers

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:06:22 -0400 (EDT)

I was successful on a few (although lesser known) sites by threating to
block add banners and force a certain expiry time for all items on their
site. Upping the number of users going through my cache aided this a bit
:-)

BTW, I'm curious what you're using on those radar images. I have done
something similar for my caches to prevent the outdated images from coming
up, but they don't catch the images all the time. Also, if you let me know
the specific person your are bugging over there I'll add a few complaints
to their logs for you :-).

        -Bill