fine tuning squid.conf in 1.2.beta22

From: George Michaelson <ggm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 14:18:36 +1000

Duane, I think based on what we're seeing down a reasonably lightly loaded
ethernet to two parent caches (somewhat heavily loaded) that the two variables
neighbour_timeout and dead_peer_timeout should be at least doubled, to remove
the 'Detected DEAD / Detected ALIVE' sequence in the cache.log.

You may want to add some comment to the .conf about what the hold-dead time is
so its clear what the shape of the sawtooth will be. Is there an explicit
variable for the dead-time I've missed?

Could the -DNO_CACHE_ACL be elevated to configure --enable/disable status?
Jointly with this, I think the no_cache options should be enabled by default,
and the two associated

 #acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
 #no_cache deny QUERY

made live defaults.

cheers
        -George

--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm@dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072