forwarding / Auto redirecting proxy's ?

From: Adam Neat <adamneat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 20:48:32 +1000

Hello everyone

We have a strange yet annoying problem.

We have a front end proxy which handles all the requests from all our clients.

Many clients are getting multiple links to us to save on the more expensive
Frame Relay and DDS connection options (no thanks to our carriers...).

What we're trying to do is have an 'alias' of some type for our front end
proxy.

Something like

Real Name: proxy.ipax.com
alias 1: proxy-1.ipax.com
alias 2: proxy-2.ipax.com

My question is, does squid let you do this ?

Or better still, can you configure a squid box to simply handball (pass) all
icp and tcp requests onto another box ?

regards

adam

                  IPAX Systems