Re: fine tuning squid.conf in 1.2.beta22

From: George Michaelson <ggm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 16:43:54 +1000

>Could the -DNO_CACHE_ACL be elevated to configure --enable/disable status?
>Jointly with this, I think the no_cache options should be enabled by defau
 lt,
>and the two associated

  The no_cache feature is already in 1.2.X. You don't have to define or
  --enable anything. Its optional in 1.1.X because I told myself
  "no new features will be added to 1.1"

Uh, I tried this and without manually adding -DNO_CACHE_ACL as mentioned in
mail to my 1.2.beta22 I couldn't use the directive.

so its 'in there' but 'obscure'.

making it explicit in configure changes the profile!

Thanks for all the feedback on the rest. I think upping dead_ time has made
a huge difference, the relative % of DIRECT has dropped markedly.

cheers

-George