raising performance

From: Oeschey, Lars <Oeschey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 12:55:15 +0200

Hi,

since i canīt get a driver for either mylex or compaq raid controllers,
i have to find some way to get better performance from squid, mainly the
disk access makes me worry a bit. So I thought about using a second
machine, putting an additional 100Mbit netcard in borth machines and
interconnect them via that cards, doing a reound robin DNS to those
machines and have each other as parent for the other, so they could ask
for files over the 100Mbit connection.
Would that work (and help ;)) or do I think wrong there?

Lars

   Lars Oeschey - Saturn Media Gesellschaft fuer
Informationsverarbeitung mbH
            Server- / Systemmanagement
mailto:oeschey@media-saturn.com