Re: High Fault/TCP rate

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:18:49 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> I've installed squid 1.1.20 in a AIX box just for tests. When I
>tried to increase my cache_swap to 2,5 GB my IO Faults/ TCP rate increased
>too much.

Even though you have not modified your cache_mem settings, the memory
usage of your squid cache increases, because there will be more per object
specific data hold in your memory.

Maybe your system has reached its limits (in terms of memory) and that is
why the number of page faults got higher.

You may try to lower your cache_mem setting.

Cheers,
Bertold