Re: Is Expires fix on hem.passagen.se in 1.1.22?

From: Allen Smith <easmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 10:53:01 -0400

On Jul 11, 7:51am, Michael Fuhr (possibly) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 1998 at 03:22:11PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > Without the patch refresh_pattern min age overrides any server set
> > expiry time.
> >
> > Overriding Expires: is a HTTP protocol violation, and if we are to
> > violate HTTP then it should be done with some kind of explicit keyword
> > which requires at the use of least a explicit server name or domain.
> > Doing it world-wite based on file types is most likely not a good idea.
>
> However it's done, I hope the ability to override Expires: will
> remain. Banner ads come to mind.

People might want to try the header rewriting patch, found at
        http://home.iphil.net/~map/cache/rewrite.html
It's admittedly got the problem that it will effectively also rewrite
headers for other caches which are siblings or children of yours, but
aside from that it's got about all the configurability one requires
(so long as you know Perl or some other language to write a rewriter
in, that is).

        -Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu