Re: compile squid 4 socks5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 13:40:26 +0200

Les Higger wrote:

> can anyone tell me how to do this.. reading the faq carefully i see
> that i just have to compile it a certain way. there just isnt enough
> info for a novice to follow.. and after i compile it is that it...
> or is there something else i have to do in squid.conf.......

I have never tried, but to get Squid running behind Socks you need to
socksify it. How to socksify a application is documented in the Socks
documentation.

If you have socks5 installed it might be as simple as starting squid by
using the runsocks command (a wrapper that tries to do a runtime
socksification of any program).

The socks support is outside squid (in the socks library). All
configuration needed should be in the socks configuration files.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker