squid, alpha, and memory

From: Kelly Prescott <prescott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 01:47:31 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question about a problem I am having with squid 1.1.21
I run on an alpha pc164 with Linux. I am using the pre-built package with
rh 5.1.
I have looked at the FAQ regarding this, and cannot seem to find an
answer.
When I start squid, it will run fine until it gets near the maximum amount
of memory I give it in the config file. It then dies with a segment
violation. The kernel reports a memory violation. I can reset the
virtual memory all I want to. It always happens when the virtual memory
limit is almost reached.
Is this my malloc library?? Do I need to obtain another one?
Thanks in advance.

Kelly Prescott