Re: Deferred reads

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:42:19 -0600

"Eric Wieling" writes:

>How does Squid 1.2 handle the situation where the client is accepting
>data a lot slower than the cache is receiving data?

Squid-1.2 has a smaller read-ahead buffer: 16 KB. Currently its
hard-coded so I'm sure someone will ask to make it a run-time
configuration option.

Squid-1.2 does a much better job of handling the case when there are
two clients reading from the same object as the object is coming
into the cache. If you have a fast client and slow client, Squid-1.1
would go at the rate of the slow client (but with the larger read-ahead
window). In Squid-1.2 the clients are independent and the slow client
doesn't affect the fast one.

Duane W.