Re: The squid not makes me the cache in my proxy. for that?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:12:57 +0200

Squid can't process FTP requests when running as a transparent proxy
unless you have external software that translates FTP to HTTP. Squid is
a HTTP proxy.

Also, to use transparent proxying you have to route the traffic throught
the box where IP-Filter is configured, or the packets won't find their
way to Squid.

The simplest test to see if you have routing+ipfilter setup working is
to (from another machine) "telnet www.some.server 80" and type some
garbage. If you have succeded in configuring routing and IP-filter then
you should get a Squid error message. If the returned message does NOT
end with a squid version line then your routing/ipfilter setup is not
working.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker