Strangenesses in 1.2beta22

From: Jani Vaisanen <jani.vaisanen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:41:10 +0300 (EET DST)

Hello everyone!

I have been running Squid 1.2beta22 on Solaris 2.6 (sun4u) for some time
now and I have been noticing some weirdnesses in its operation:

I have five identical cache_dirs, each 3800 M in size with 64/256
directories, hence Cache Manager reports max cache size totalling ~19G
just after restart. After a few hours that figure has somehow reduced to
about 15G - though Cache Manager reports that each cache_dir has about 1G
free space.

cache_swap_low is set to 90 and cache_swap_high to 95. cache_mem is 128M,
the machine has 512M RAM and 2 300MHz chips if that is of any concern.

I am using asyncronous io.

Squid is compiled with SunPro 4.2 using standard Solaris malloc functions.

I am glad to give any other information required to get this fixed.

Other thing, not as annoying as the previous one:

In the "Utilization" section of Cache Manager all the figures for 8, 24
and 72 hours seem identical and they most certainly should not.

The proxy is getting about 2 million requests per day.

/Jani Vaisanen