Re: Strangenesses in 1.2beta22

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:31:37 +0200

Jani Vaisanen wrote:

> I managed to duplicate the error and I have something stored to the logs.
>
> 1998/07/20 11:55:39| diskHandleWrite: FD 276: disk write error: (28) No space left on device

It looks like your OS told Squid that the disk was full. Squid
automatically reduces the size of the cache if it fails to write, to
properly handle when the disks do get filled (due to unexpected log
sizes, or perhaps lost/misplaced data, or even configuration errors).

Possible reasons:
* Disk problems. Check your syslog/messages for any strange messages.
This is my first bet.
* Another partition where Squid stores files got filled (the log
directory for example). I don't think this would end up in this
particular message but maybe..
* Running out of inodes? It didn't look like this based on your df
output, but then I don't know how to read the format without any
headers. I also do not think running out of inodes would give this error
message.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker