Re: Problems with Linux/Squid

From: Joe Leung <joe.leung@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:18:56 +1000

> Sounds like you have a terribly corrupt file system. I'd backup the system
> and reformat the partitions and reinstall the system. If the problems come
> back, its time to look for software causes. Or, perhaps even a faulty
> harddrive. Oh, and reinstalling with the latest version of linux isn't a
> bad idea (I personally recommend RedHat 5.1).

What version of Squid Are you using. The file system keeps getting
corrupted with 1.2.beta22. When back to 1.1.22 and the problem went
away. I haven't had time to find out whether it's linux or squid. I'm using
Slackware 3.3 w/ a 2.0.34 kernel.

Best Regards
Joe Leung

==*** joe.leung@geoterrex.com.au ***====