Re: Retry-patch

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:59:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, iliadou Vasiliki wrote:

> I would like to use the retry-1.1.20 patch.
> How do I apply this patch?
> If anyone can help me, please do.

You might want to consider upgrading to 1.1.22, as I added the ability
to manually remove IP addresses from the IP cache using the PURGE
method.

To apply, download the patch and put it in your Squid source
directory:

$ cp retry-1.1.20.patch /usr/src/squid-1.1.20
$ cd /usr/src/squid-1.1.20
$ patch < retry-1.1.20.patch

That should be all you need to do.

Also, be certain to increase the size of your IP cache to at least
2048 entries in the "ipcache_size" parameter in your squid.conf file.
The retry patch changes the handling of the IP cache to better serve
the retrying, but this means that the high-water mark tends to be
considerably higher. See
<http://proxy.comshare.com/monitor/squid/ipcache.html> for a graph.

My most recent maximum was 1640 entries, and I'm not running a
particularly busy cache.

        -Mike Pelletier..