Transparent Caching/Proxying

From: <tarek@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:59:33 -0300 (ADT)

Hello,
I want to configure a transparent caching/proxing with Squid
and a 2500 Cisco router. But I have some problems, when I run
Squid the HTTP traffic via the Cisco still normal in the local
network but don't use the cache and for my other networks,
which access internet via the Cisco the HTTP traffic seems to
stop (?) in the Cisco router. Can anyone help me to understand
whant it can be hapening and perhaps how to resolve it.
Thanks.

Configuration of Squid and Cisco :

squid.conf :

http_port 80
httpd_accel virtual 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on

Cisco 2500 with IOS 11.1 :

!
route-map proxy-redirect permit 10
match ip address 110
set ip next-hop xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!

!
access-list 110 deny tcp host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx any eq www
access-list 110 permit tcp any any eq www
!

!
interface Ethernet0
ip policy route-map proxy-redirect