squid messages

From: Josué José Souza Jr. <josue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:41:44 -0300 (EST)

Hello,

        I'm new in this list and I have a question about squid. I'm using
squid 1.1.22 on a FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine. I'm trying to customize squid's
error messages (the messages sent to clients) to make them look like our
site's pages and to translate them to portuguese. I found this directory
under /usr/local/etc/squid named errors and I found the messages there. I
thought that just editing these files would change the messages but squid
still shows the original messages. What should I do to change these
messages?

Thanks in advance,

Josué José Souza Jr. - Operações e Suporte
josue@nexos.com.br
Nexos Serviços de Redes Ltda.
http://www.nexos.com.br

Salvador - Bahia - Brasil