Re: Squid on NT

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:05:44 +0200

Squid 1.2beta compiles on NT using the Cygnus GNU-Win32 tools, but is
has not been seriously tested.

I would not recommend trying unless for experimental purposes and only
if you are experienced with compiling programs on UNIX and NT.

Cygnus GNU-Win32 is a free compiler suite build using GNU tools and a
environment that emulates most UNIX calls, and Squid seems to be able to
run in this emulated environment, but there are some questions on
performance and stability of the emulation. In order to run efficient
Squid most likely requires a extensive rewrite using native Win32 calls
on NT, and without the help of a Win32 programmer this is most likely
not going to happen.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker