Re: 1.2 swap.state

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 14:50:02 +0200

Andrew Hall wrote:

> What have I done wrong? I thought 1.2 made better use of the fd's
> assigned to the squid process?

1.2 uses more filedescriptors than 1.1.X. 1.2 is more like 1.NOVM.X in
it's design.

> I have read the achives but can find nothing on how to change the
> process and system-wide FD's and to what values should I change
> them anyway?

See the Squid FAQ.

> If anyone can please explain how I can recover my log file and how
> to fix my FD problems I'd be most grateful..

1.2beta automatically recovers a lost swap.state file by doing a
from-disk rebuild of the cache (kind of slow rebuild based on the cache
files and no previously saved cache state index)

What I think is your problem that somehow Squid has lost the permission
to write the file. Check the permissions on your cache directory (and
your cache_dir setting in squid.conf).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker