Transparent proxy + siblings?

From: Umar Goldeli <umar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:44:49 +1000 (EST)

Greetings,

I've just had a look at the FAQ on transparent proxying with Linux...

It says that due to the nature of transparent proxying -> "sibling
relationships don't work correctly" - no HITs occur as the URLs are
different etc etc... so there apparantly isn't any point to having a
sibling to help reduce "external" traffic...

Is this still true if the siblings are using transparent proxying also?

Is there a way around this?

Or alternatively, have I completely missed the point? :)

Cheers,
Umar.