Re: Transparent proxy + siblings?

From: Umar Goldeli <umar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 06:59:59 +1000 (EST)

Thanks, but in regards to network layout, doesn't it look like this for
example:

+------+ +-------+ +--------+ +----------+
|Proxy |------------| Hub |------| Router |-------| Internet |
+------+ +-------+ +--------+ +----------+

                 +-------------+
                 | Firewall |
                 |(ipfwadm with|
                 | redirection |
                 | and port 80 |
                 | blocked) |
                 +-------------+

                  | Clients |

So clients make a request, they're intercepted at the firewall on say
eth0, then redirected via ipfwadm rules through eth1 to the proxy port on
the proxy? (and then the proxy goes off and speaks to a sibling or
whatever)

I don't see where any httpd_accel things should come in?

Or is the network layout above not the best way to do it? Or am I missing
something again? :)