FATAL error and new feature

From: Tony Starrow <starrow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed Aug 19 19:19:25 1998

Hi,

I'm using version 1.2 beta 23. It works fine until one day it continues
to give me this error:
      FATAL: file_map_allocate: Exceeded filemap limit
what problem is this and how to solve it?

I's currently looking for a proxy server which can process the data
before sending it to the end user(e.g. get a request of English page,
translate it to French before sending it to the requester). Seems Squid
doesn't have this feature. anyone know if this kind of proxy server
exists? If no, I'd like to add it myself to squid and which part should
I look for?

Any help is appreciated.

Tony