Re: heartbeat monitoring/failover list

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Aug 1998 15:33:23 +0200

In article <E0z9UGZ-0005ro-00@gizmo.lut.ac.uk>,
Martin Hamilton <martin@net.lut.ac.uk> wrote:
>At the recent WWW caching workshop in Manchester [1], there was quite
>a bit of interest in developing a free software (or should that be
>"open source" ?) system for doing the sort of heartbeat monitoring and
>transparent failover characterised by various Unix/NT/switch vendors
>"high availability" and "clustering" offerings. There doesn't appear
>to be anything out there at the moment - unless you know better!

Well there's some info in the Linux High Availability HOWTO.. most
of it applies to a lot more systems than just Linux.

You can find it for example at
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/linux-ha/High-Availability-HOWTO.html

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.     <*>