Cache digest problem solved, but ...

From: Patrick Mau <mau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 01:59:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear squid-users,

I finally solved the problem I described in an earlier post, and
I have to admit that I changed the miss_access configuration of
my slave-squid.
  But that leads to another question. Why do I have to add the
following to my slave-squid configuration to be able to fetch
cache-digests from some.host.com:

acl some.host.com dst 1.2.3.4/255.255.255.255
miss_access allow some.host.com

I thought that miss_access is used to control who can fetch
misses from _my_ cache, but in the case of cache_digests it
controls if I'm able to get the digest information from the
parent cache some.host.com ...

Could someone explain the reason for this?

cheers,
Patrick