Re: Upgrade

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 00:12:56 +0200

Indra Pramana wrote:

> If we upgrade our Squid 1.1.22 to 1.2.beta24 or whatever the
> latest, will we lose our cache?

See squid-users archives for a lengthy discussion on how you may be able
to migrate most/some of your old cache to 1.2. I wrote a message on this
subject a long time ago (28 May), including a sample script that drove
the migration procedure.

It can be done while the cache is on-line, but requires that your
machine has enought memory to host two Squids, and may have a servere
effect on performance during the transition. Only a small amount of
extra disk is needed.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker